Virginia Energy Efficiency Studies and Resources
Saving energy makes good sense. Reducing energy consumption saves money, helps our state’s economy, and contributes to a cleaner environment for all Virginia citizens.
Energy efficiency and energy conservation are the most affordable, available tools to reduce energy usage. Virginia has set a goal to reduce electricity consumption 10% below 2006 levels by 2020.
The documents below are a collection of studies and other energy efficiency resources.
- Non-Utility Energy Efficiency Programs - Barriers and Solutions: Strategies for Effectively Leveraging Energy Efficiency as an Environmental Compliance Tool
- Everyone Benefits: Practices and Recommendations for Utility System Benefits of Energy Efficiency
- ACEEE Southeast Regional Fact Sheet
- Change Is in the Air: How States Can Harness Energy Efficiency to Strengthen the Economy and Reduce Pollution
- Energy Efficiency Policy Recommendations for Virginia
- Energizing Virginia: Efficiency First
- Energy Efficiency in the South
- Making the Case for Energy Efficiency: Case Studies of Supportive Utility Regulation
- Staff's Report to the State Corporation Commission in preparation for the SCC's Report Required by the Third Enactment Clause of Chapter 933 (SB 1416) of the 2007 Acts of Assembly
- Progress, Productivity, Prosperity - The Economic Impact of EE Investments in the Southeast Virginia