Training Video Library
The Division of Mineral Mining provides the videos, cd-roms, and books for check-out free of charge to all Virginia mineral mining operators and contractors. Mine operators and contractors are encouraged to use this service in their safety and training programs.
The videos in the DMM Health and Safety Library are purchased from private production companies. While these companies strive to meet all safety and health regulations, there may be some inaccuracies. It is the patron’s responsibility to be certain that the materials being used are appropriate with regard to local regulation.
- Videos are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and are not guaranteed to be available. You may wish to call ahead to check on the status of a video prior to coming to the office.
- The Library has a limited number of copies of each training video. Videos must be returned within 2 weeks so that someone else has the opportunity to use it.
- After choosing the video(s) desired, please Contact Us to checkout materials and receive a due date. To checkout materials you must provide your name, company name, company address, and daytime phone number.
- If you are unable to pick up the videos from the Charlottesville office, they can be shipped to you.
- You must return the videos by the due date to the Charlottesville office, in person or by mail by the due date.
CARE AND USE OF VIDEOS:
- Videos can be damaged by heat, so please do not leave them in a car or in a location where they may be exposed to high temperature.
- Please keep the videos in the storage container provided when not in use.
- Please rewind the videos before returning.
- The videos should be returned in the original container.
- If there are any problems with the video, please let us know when the video is returned.
- The videos are not to be copied.
- PLEASE NOTE The borrower is responsible for videos not returned or damaged. If the tape is not returned or is damaged, the borrower will be required to replace the item.