2019 STEM Video Contest
DMME is hosting its STEM video contest and we're looking for students from middle school to high school to participate. Two videos will be chosen as winners, one 5th-8th grade winner and one 9th-12th grade winner. Each will be featured on DMME social media sites. Winners will receive:
What does the video need to be about?
We are looking for original projects surrounding the the work and service of our agency, the Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy. Topics can include but are not limited to:
- What Would a Day Without Energy be Like?
- How could alternative energy be used at your school or home?
- What are the different sources for electricity and the benefits of each?
- How are mine sites reclaimed and why is it important?
- How is the environment protected during mining?
- How is technology used in mining and reclamation?
- What are the different uses for natural gas? How does your family use it?
Other Information / Resources
A lot of valuable information can be found on each of our division's web pages. These can be found under the DMME dropdown on the main menu of our website.
If you have any other questions please contact Tarah Kesterson by email at Tarah.Kesterson@dmme.virginia.gov or by calling (276) 523-8146.