2018 STEM Video Contest
DMME is hosting its first STEM video contest and we're looking for students from middle school to high school to participate. Four videos will be chosen as winners, two 5th-8th grade winners and two 9th-12th grade winners. Each will be featured on DMME social media sites. Winners will receive:
What does the video need to be about?
We are looking for original work surrounding this theme: Balance of Nature and Human Activity. Topics can include but are not limited to:
- What Would a Day Without Energy be Like?
- How could alternative energy be maximized in your home or school?
- Benefits of different sources such as solar, coal, wind, and natural gas to generate electricity?
- How could abandoned surface and underground sites be used to produce or store energy?
- How is the environment protected during mining?
- How is technology used in mining and reclamation?
- What could your school or family at home do immediately to save money with energy efficiency?
Other Information / Resources
A lot of valuable information can be found on each of our division's web pages. These can be found under the DMME dropdown on the main menu of our website.
If you have any other questions please contact Tarah Kesterson by email at Tarah.Kesterson@dmme.virginia.gov or by calling (276) 523-8146.